Vacancies at CALGAVIN
Are you looking for an exciting opportunity with excellent career prospects?
CALGAVIN is a rapidly growing process engineering and manufacturing company based in Alcester, Warwickshire, UK. The engineering, research and manufacturing teams provide bespoke solutions for thermal processing problems for individual clients worldwide in the field of heat transfer intensification.
Based at our Head Office in Alcester, we are looking for an enthusiastic, self-motivated Research Technician to become a part of our Research and Development Team.
The permanent position is based in a laboratory / manufacturing environment and requires the following skill sets:
- Design and assemble in-house flow test equipment comprising pumps and pipe work, with knowledge of associated fits and tolerances.
- Basic soldering, non-specialist welding and plumbing.
- Ability to configure and install various control and measurement sensors and their connections to data acquisition.
- Intermediate computer software knowledge: Microsoft Office and simple CAD software.
- Ability to use mechanical tools such as a lathe and pedestal drill for simple operations.
- Design, specify and draw custom mechanical parts.
- Maintaining a healthy and safe workplace.
- Operating machinery to manufacture varied test samples for clients and internal review.
- Performing test runs, including recording measurements and changing process conditions to agreed test parameters.
- Involvement in the design and testing of new products.
- Design, assembly, modification and maintenance of experimental equipment.
- Keeping inventory of equipment, operation manuals and running procedures for the different test facilities.
- Ordering materials, consumables and liaising with suppliers.
- Occasional overseas travel to supervise installations (typically lasting less than a week).
The successful candidate must be legally entitled to work and live within the UK and should hold both a valid driving licence and a valid passport.
Salary circa £22k – £27k p.a. commensurate with experience.
Read all about the CALGAVIN technology here!
Apply by emailing a cover letter and CV to email@example.com