CareersAre you looking for an exciting opportunity with excellent career prospects?
CALGAVIN® is a rapidly growing process engineering and manufacturing company based in Alcester, Warwickshire, UK. The engineering, research and manufacturing teams provide bespoke solutions for thermal processing problems for individual clients worldwide in the field of heat transfer intensification.
Thermal Process Engineer
CALGAVIN Ltd is a world-wide established engineering and manufacturing company in the field of heat transfer solutions and energy reduction. Based at our Head Office in Alcester, we are currently looking for an enthusiastic, self-motivated Thermal Process Engineer to become part of our team working on an exciting innovative upcoming project.
Initially a two-year fixed term contract, we anticipate the opportunity of a permanent role for the right candidate following project completion.
The position is based in a laboratory / manufacturing environment and requires the following skill sets:
- Degree in Chemical Engineering
- Strong background in advanced heat transfer and processing of viscous liquids
- Some background in use of CFD software
- Experience in conducting heat transfer experiments
Duties & Responsibilities include:
- Designing, constructing, assembling, commissioning of bespoke in-house heat transfer test facilities - including evaluating existing test equipment.
- Planning, conducting, evaluating heat transfer experiments at pilot scale with enhancement technology in high viscosity liquids
- Involvement in the design and testing of new enhancement products.
- Interpreting experimental results, composing project reports and formally presenting findings in project meetings.
- Identification processes benefiting experimental findings
- Engineering support in heat exchanger design using the latest versions of design software for new plant designs and upgrading /debottlenecking existing processes.
Salary circa £25k to £35k p.a. (commensurate with experience) plus employment package expected from a company that values its employees.
The successful candidate must be legally entitled to work and live within the UK and should hold both a valid driving licence and a valid passport.
Apply by emailing a cover letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org