Are you looking for an exciting opportunity with excellent career prospects?
CALGAVIN® is a rapidly growing process engineering and manufacturing company based in Alcester, Warwickshire, UK. The engineering, research and manufacturing teams provide bespoke solutions for thermal processing problems for individual clients worldwide in the field of heat transfer intensification.
CALGAVIN Ltd is an established engineering and manufacturing company in the field of heat transfer solutions and energy reduction, with worldwide clients. Based at our Head Office in Alcester, we are currently looking for a Full-time permanent Research Technician to become part of our dynamic, friendly lab-based team. Competitive starting salary of between £25k - £30k dependent on experience.
Innovation is at the heart of CALGAVIN and in this role you will become a key member of our Research & Design Teamworking in a laboratory/manufacturing environment.
Main duties include but are not limited to:
- Involvement in the design and testing of new products.
- Operating machinery to manufacture varied test samples for clients and internal review
- Performing test runs, including recording measurements and changing process conditions to agreed test parameters.
- Design, assembly, modification and maintenance of experimental equipment.
- Keeping inventory of equipment, operation manuals and running procedures for the different test facilities.
- Maintaining health and safety protocols.
- Ordering materials, consumables and liaising with suppliers.
- Occasional overseas travel to supervise installations (typically lasting less than a week).
The ideal candidate will possess the following skills:
- Ability to design and assemble in-house flow test equipment comprising pumps and pipe work, with knowledge of associated fits and tolerances.
- Basic soldering, non-specialist welding and plumbing.
- Ability to configure and install various control and measurement sensors and their connections to data acquisition.
- Intermediate computer software knowledge: Microsoft Office and simple CAD software.
- Ability to use mechanical tools such as a lathe and pedestal drill for simple operations.
- Design, specify and draw custom mechanical parts.
Amongst others, benefits on offer include:
- Competitive starting salary
- Flexible working including some home working.
- Generous company pension
- Life insurance
To apply please send your CV and a Cover Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
*All applicants must be legally entitled to live and work within the UK*